Which Product

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  althea evans 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Brad

After deciding on your product, I am needing some help in determining whether Defy Extreme Wood Stain or Defy Deck Stain for Hardwoods is best. I have a new cedar deck that has weathered 3-4 months. Will be applying Wood Cleaner and Wood Brightener prior to staining.

#1007 Reply

defyadmin
    Keymaster

Brad, our Deck Stain for Hardwoods is the best choice. Although cedar is not a hardwood, it is an oily softwood that frequently has trouble absorbing stain. Deck Stain for Hardwoods has smaller resins that are able to penetrate hard or oily wood types better.

#1765 Reply

althea evans

Hello,

We have always used Defy Clear stain, and really like it. I have read that sealers with colorant last longer. We would consider a light stain if it would buy some time between redos. (It gets harder every year!) It is true that colored stains have greater longevity than clear? If so, what is the lightest color to use on cedar decking. Thanks for your help. Love your products!

Althea Evans

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Which Product
Your information: